Laura L. Martin
Laura has been a practicing attorney since October 2003. Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Laura served on active duty in the United States Air Force as a judge advocate officer for over eleven and a half years, and she worked as a judicial law clerk at the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Stearns County District Court.
While on active duty, Laura was assigned to legal offices in Alabama, North Dakota, Germany, Cuba, Maryland, and Texas. She provided estate planning and other legal assistance services to military members, retirees, and dependents. Laura also provided in-house legal advice to commanders on law enforcement matters, labor and employment law, environmental law, contracts and acquisitions, ethics, and operational issues. She is currently a member of the North Dakota Air National Guard and is assigned as a judge advocate officer with the 119th Wing-Happy Hooligans, in Fargo, North Dakota.
Laura grew up south of Cold Spring and graduated from Eden Valley-Watkins High School. When not at work, Laura enjoys spending time with her husband and their three boys.
- B.A. magna cum laude, Sociology, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN, 2000
- J.D., magna cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 2003
- LL.M., Space, Cyber and Telecommunications Law, University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, NE, 2012
- State of Minnesota, 2003
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 2005
- Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals, 2005
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Family Law